Schmidt and Bender Mildot Dot reticle
If you have read much of anything I have written you will know I don't like big scopes and most of all I don't like big objective lenses on a rifle scope. I am big enough to be hard to hide. I don't need a mirror giving me away even more.I have attempted, for years, to get a scope company to make a sniper riflescope that fit the following requirements:
- Objective no larger than 44mm
- Capable of 100 through 1000 yard shooting with 118 LR ammunition (.308 Winchester with 175grain SMK) in one single elevation turn.
- Elevation and windage adjustments .50 moa or smaller
- Generation Two Mildot reticle
- Front Focal Plane Reticle
- Lit reticle with in field adjustability to work with and without NVD's
- Glass as good or better than anything else in this field
- Tough as dirt construction ( Scopes are no good if they fail in the field)
- Accurate and repeatable adjustments that stay that way over the life of the scope
Now I have wanted that scope and asked many manufactures to make one, but until recently I always had to settle with something almost like it. Many scope manufactures heard my requests and said "The objective size is not large enough for the 16x power."
No manufactured seemed to hear my requests. That is until about six months ago when Schmidt and Bender came out with the PMII 4-16x42, with generation Two Mildot lit reticle. All in a 34mm tube with 1/10th mil clicks and the ability to get approximately 44moa adjustment in one turn. Far more than enough adjustment to get a 308 Win to 1000 yards. The scope was designed to take place in the USMC scope trials but never got a chance, as the 3-12x50 PMII was picked before this one could be tested. When I heard this scope was being made I broke out my credit card and ordered one right away. Apparently someone had heard my requests.
You might also like
BESTEK® Optics Hunting Rifle Scope 6-24X50mm AOEG Red/Green Illuminated Mil-dot Reticle Crosshair Gun Scope with Ring Mounts and Lens Cover Illuminated Level: 5 Intensity (Red) and 5 Intensity (Green)