Nikon Mil Dot App
Spot On Ballistic Match Technology provides precise aiming points for any Nikon BDC reticle riflescope and instant reference for sighting in other Nikon riflescopes with plex, MilDot or standard crosshair reticles.
All you need is a rifle, a Nikon riflescope and a rangefinder…SpotOn does all the work for you, showing you what the possibilities are before you ever fire a shot! Includes sections for handloaders, atmospheric conditions, comparing loads as well as the ability to create and email a field reference chart.
What's New in Version 2.2.6
IMPORTANT: Before updating please check that your Phone
or iPad is using iOS 4.3 or higher.
1. Added PMP Ammunition
2. Added SAKO Ammunition
3. Added 7 new cartridges: 6mm Musgrave, 7x33 Sako, 7.62x53R, 9.3x66 Sako, 8.2x53R, 9.3x53R Finnish, 450 Rigby
4. Added: P-Rimfire scope category for Step 1
5. Misc Ammunition/Bullets from Corbon, Norma, Hornady
Good Start of An App!by AgJoker
Great Job Nikon! This App has some MAJOR potential!!! Glad too see how many scopes, the multitude of ammo manufacturers, and the tons of math that went into this App. Please take the time to continue to polish the UI and make things more intuitive.
Some suggestions for now:
1. If you can geo-locate my lat/long and pull the weather data, then you should also be able to autopopulate my elevation field.
2. Allow users to save their scopes and set ups. I have several Nikons, and would like to easily flip between rifles. Having to re-input everything again is frustrating.
3. Provide some tutorials/definitions/training for noobs. Would like to be able to hand the app over to my son and let him learn a bit on ballistics.
Thanks Nikon, and keep up the good work!
good start..issuing necessitiesby switchfoot17
Accuracy. I used it to line up a 150 yd shot with 22 LR. Also used it for longer shots with .30-06. I was impressed with both.
Simple. As far as on an iPhone, the app is a must as the Safari version is a mess on the phone.
Complete. So far it's had every round of ammo I've tried with it.
The annoying gun sound. Enough said.
MOST IMPORTANT!! Nikon, please design this where I can save settings by rifle. I should just be able to select "Browning X-Bolt" and it have the scope and ammo that I always use to auto enter. I shouldn't have to re-enter all the data each time or especially when I change rifles. There are those of us that have more than one BDC Nikon. Don't penalize us for our loyalty.
Nice start but dumb errorsby Chris Mead
the gunfire sound is irritating and useless.
worse is the email function which sends an inaccurate html file rather than pdf. worse - it's wrong! the headings are duplicated along the bdc-1 row.
You might also like
NcStar 3-9X42 Compact-Red and Green Illuminated Mil-Dot/Green Lens/Quick Release (STM3942G)